Saturday, January 14, 2012

Summer Shaped Cards

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd pop in and thank everyone for leaving such sweet comments during the Hero Hosti Blog Hop this past week. The other Hosti and I had SO much FUN! If you didn't get a chance to hop along here is my post: 2012 Hero Arts Hosti Blog Hop.

I also thought I'd share a few cards that didn't make the cut for Paper Crafts July/ August 2012 issue. There were SO many submissions for this call...which didn't really surprise me since there such fun topics - summer shaped cards, stamping with markers, and using paint were my favourite categories. I submitted about a dozen cards and had 3 shaped cards picked up! Feeling very blessed! I won't share my stamping with markers cards just yet as I resubmitted them for the current Stamp It! call but thought I'd share a few of the shaped cards. We could all use a little 'summer' about now, right? :)




All the shapes were cut with my Silhouette. Love it!

My twins were quite happy the shades and crab didn't get picked up. My daughter asked for the shades and my son wanted the crab card. He actually asked for it while I was making it. I was happy to oblige. :) 

 Hope you all have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

Haha, now that crab looks familiar :) I made one, too! Will share it some time later this week. Love your cards! Have a great Sunday! Vanessa x

Heather Maria said...

Sarah, what cute and fun shaped cards! Love your designs and all the great details! Looking forward to seeing your other cards in Paper Crafts!

Barb said...

I love when you use the Silhouette to create shaped cards, Sarah - always so fun! If these didn't get picked, I can't wait to see the ones that did!

Maureen Morton said...

These are just great, Sarah - I feel the sunshine right here and now! Love these fun shapes and great colors!

Netties Expressions said...

These are so awesome! Thanks for sharing!

croppergal said...

Sarah,
YOU rock, girl - as always! Sweet cards!

Kelly Booth said...

Sooooooo CUTE!! Love Shaped cards they are so Fun and yours are just Perfect Sarah!!

Joy said...

Okay officially too cute for words, you make me want to get my silhouette out and create..love that sweet crab and you have given me an idea for my Brother's birthday card this year...hugs

Lisa Carroll said...

these are all soo cute... LOVE the googly-eyed crab!

i just realized upon opening your blog that my card for the tuesday trigger looks an awful lot like the one you did for the hostess hop! i must've had yours on the brain when i made mine, so thank you for the inspiration! those TALL images don't leave a lot of options when it comes to using them on cards, but still... thought i should say 'thank you'. :)