Monday, December 2, 2013

Some Very Washi Cards and a Rainbow of Color from Simon Says Stamp

Hi everyone,

I'm back today to share a few cards I made using some yummy washi tape from Kelly Purkey/Simon Says Stamp. I'm running low of birthday cards and found the bright bold colors in this set to be just the right thing to get the job done. (They were also a life saver since my kids have completely used up my tape runner)!


The Red Diamonds pattern above matched up PERFECTLY for making a larger background and once adhered to cardstock, the washi tape also cut like BUTTER with dies.


I was able to use the Triangles tape to create the fun zig zag pattern above...and used some of the smaller patterns for the bold numbers.


On my final card I used every one of the 8 tapes that come in the set. Quick, easy, and the patterns and colors work so well together! They really take the guess work out of it and are easy to apply. :)


Before I go, I just wanted to mention that Simon Says Stamp has just come out with their own line of inks and coordinating cardstock (in case you hadn't heard)! Big yay! They've also come out with a swatch book supplies kit (including a stamp set) so you can make a record of the inks you have and keep their true colors handy for when you're working on projects. Brilliant!

You can find it all here....


My first must haves include Khaki, Island Blue, and Green Apple. Definitely going to get the cardstock sample pack too!

That's all for me today... Thanks for stopping by!
Sarah



3 comments:

joy said...

Beautiful cards, Sarah! I love the last one with all of the tapes combined.

Krista Ritskes said...

Gorgeous and so creative! I'm pinning so I can use up some of my washi collection (obsession!).

jeannine said...

Super fun cards!