Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Love Cards (using brand new Hero Arts)

Hi everyone!

Welcome back! Boy is it COLD outside. I ran out to empty our kitchen compost bucket and BRRRR... That's all I'm going to say. ;)

I thought I'd share a couple of love-themed cards to warm the heart on this cold winter day. :) Both use some great new 2014 Hero Arts products. One of my favourites from this release is the great Love and Hello dies set. These dies are so versatile! Besides using them in the most obvious and traditional way they lend themselves well to being altered. Yay! More bang for your buck. :) Here are a couple of examples...

For my first card I heat embossed the new Hero Arts/ Basic Grey Tiny Triangles background stamp and painted in all the little diamonds using some new Hero Arts Pastel Daubers. (I love how opaque these are!) I die cut part of the Love die out of it, using the negative space on my card. I then die cut the same die using white cardstock, adhering just the word 'love' in place. I took the heart and painted it with the Pastel Pink Ink Dauber and adhered it with foam adhesive.


My second card uses some of the pieces left from the first one. I used the leftover white diecut, cutting it in between the sentiment and heart so I could use the pieces as shown. I also used the leftover lettering from the stamped background die cut and the Pastel Blue Paint Dauber to paint a piece of cardstock behind the heart opening.



Supplies:




Thanks so much for stopping by! Stay warm!
Sarah

5 comments:

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Gorgeous cards dear!

diana said...

Very pretty! Great new HA products and dauber colours. TFS ;-)

Lin said...

Sarah, I LOVE the color scheme on your first card! Haven't tried daubers yet, but you've pushed me in their direction!

T said...

I'm sad. I want that "clouds and hearts" washi tape, but it's sold out. You make it look so cute!

Lucy Schmidt said...

The first card looks neutral enough to give to a special guy. I like the way you used the leftovers from the first card on the second one.