Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Simon Says Stamp Challenge (Any Thing Goes) with Simon Says Stamp Exclusive Dies

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all having a great week! I can`t believe we`re already about half way through the summer! Crazy! Today I`m back to share a project for this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge.


This week's challenge is an Anything Goes challenge and the design team is using some very special products this week...Simons Says Stamp`s very own Exclusive Dies! Awesome, right? ;)

Here's the card I made using their Star Border Die:



...and here`s a close up...


To make this card I first made my notecard, then cut another piece of white cardstock slightly smaller. I ran the smaller piece through my die cut machine with the Star Border Die. I positioned it where I wanted it to be on the notecard and did a little marking to determine where on my notecard to add my adhesive. (I also used some post it notes to mask the side edges so as not to get any glitter on the outer edges). Once I covered the designated area with adhesive, I adhered the front panel to my card. I then masked off each row of stars one at a time so I could apply the different colors of glitter without having them mix. Finally a sentiment from Paper Smooches was added. Please, feel free to email me if you have any specific questions about it.

Here are the products I used:


As always, the very generous Heidi of Simon Says Stamp is offering a $50 gift voucher to one lucky participant in this week's challenge so I hope you'll play along...but first head over to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog to see what the other designers have created! :)


14 comments:

Jingle said...

Sarah, I LOVE this! Absolutely LOVE it!!!

Cindy C. said...

Wow fabulous!

Lin said...

That's alot of glitter! So well worth the time it took you - great design, Sarah!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous CAS card, Sarah! I just love the bright touches of sparkle underneath the stars, so pretty!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Unknown said...

So beautiful Sarah! Love this!

Latrice said...

Love how you added the sparkles to the rainbow of colorful stars. Very nice Sarah!

Krista Ritskes said...

Super cute, Sarah!

Heather said...

Just fabulous Sarah, a perfect CAS card and I love the sparkling rainbow.
hugs
Heather xx

Froggietalks said...

Love the stars!

Words and Pictures said...

Super sharp, super glittery!
Alison x

debby4000 said...

Oh what a brilliant card and I shall remember to use glitter when using this die especially for Christmas cards.
luv
Debby

Melissa Bove said...

Super fabulous card Sarah!! Love how you did the different colors of glitter! Very creative!

hugs...

Lisa Carroll said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love that rainbow of stars. Blessings!